The ourhouse brand was established in 2004 and as a limited company owned by Paul Morris and Tony Silcock, has the support of a highly dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable team. As a fully licensed member of both the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA) ourhouse operates in both Derbyshire and East Staffordshire with its office conveniently located in Mickleover.
In September 2016 we added the Scoffield Stone brand, with it’s office in Hilton, to the company and in 2017 ourhouse was named one of the country’s top 20% of best estate agents by the Property Academy, gaining entry to the Best Estate Agent Guide.
The Scoffield Stone brand was established in 2010 and was added as a trading identity to the already established ourhouse (uk) limited in September 2016. Scoffield Stone operates in both Derbyshire and East Staffordshire with its office conveniently located in the centre of Hilton.
Scoffield Stone is a progressive, independent firm, committed to working closely with our clients to provide the highest possible standards of personal and professional service.
Active across both residential sales and property management, marketing and dealing with properties which range from one bedroom apartments to large country houses, we are able to cater for a wide variety of client needs, including affiliated services such as property insurance and mortgage advice, conveyancing and legal services, removals and self storage and property maintenance. We are also able to offer block management services for larger clients.
Our knowledge and understanding of the industry has taught us what owners consider being most important from an estate agent: service, value for money and results.
With a high percentage of purchasers and tenants coming from outside the region, Scoffield Stone’s experienced staff offer a strong local understanding of the property market. A national and international presence is guaranteed through our links with Rightmove and Zoopla.
Being independent we are answerable to our clients and not shareholders. Each member of our team takes great personal pride in our achievements for our customers and clients. We are sure you will see us as a natural choice of estate agent when you come to move or let your property in the future.
Estate Agency is more than just a property business; it is a people business. Our clients are our business.
We enjoy what we do and we love the area we are doing it in!
- We act on a No sale, No fee and No tie in agreement. We do not ask our clients to sign a restrictive sole agency agreement for a long, fixed, exclusive term.
- Member of the Ombudsman scheme, a licensed member of the NAEA and ARLA and having client money protection via the ARLA CMP scheme.
- We have a range of flexible service options, which can be tailored to your specific needs.
- Competitive fees.
- Our marketing will ensure your property stands out from the crowd.
- A national and international presence is guaranteed through our website, our links withRightmove and Zoopla and through the use of social media marketing via Facebook and Twitter.
- Full colour detailed sales/lettings particulars with internal and external photographs, dimensions and floor plans.
- Stylish, eye catching For Sale and To Let boards.
- We guarantee we will handle your property with the utmost sensitivity.
- Regular communication with all parties to ensure that the sale, purchase or letting progress smoothly.
- Our professional and highly trained staff have a thorough understanding of the property market.
- Extensive local knowledge of the area we cover.
- Prominent, well located offices having excellent road links and convenient car parking.
- Our staff are happy to carry out accompanied viewings.
- Our office is open 6 days a week.
NAEA Propertymark / ARLA Propertymark
NAEA Propertymark (sales) and ARLA Propertymark (lettings) protect and guide consumers, helping people to buy and sell or let and rent their treasured homes. They work to raise professional standards among estate and letting agents from single branch independents to large national groups, promoting education and qualifications within the sector. More than 10,500 estate agent offices are NAEA Propertymark Protected, while there are over 9,000 protected ARLA Propertymark offices, all meeting higher standards than the law demands and through this we offer greater protection to consumers.
The requirements for membership are proof of relevant Professional Indemnity Cover, Client Money Protection, Client Account reporting, registration with HMRC for Anti Money Laundering reporting and membership with an Independent Redress scheme.
Scoffield Stone are both NAEA Propertymark and ARLA Propertymark protected.
The Property Ombudsman
The Property Ombudsman (TPO) scheme has been providing consumers and property agents with an alternative dispute resolution service since 1990. The Ombudsman’s resolutions are designed to achieve a full and final settlement of a dispute and all claims made by either party. The Ombudsman can, where appropriate, make compensatory awards in individual cases up to a maximum of £25,000 for actual and quantifiable loss and/or for aggravation, distress and/or inconvenience caused by the actions of an agent.
Scoffield Stone strive to achieve a clear and transparent service at all times and for this reason we are proud to me members of the Property Ombudsman.
SAFE – Safe Agent Fully Endorsed – is a mark denoting firms that protect landlords and tenants money through client money protection schemes.
There are several schemes in the sector operated by ARLA, NALS, RICS and UKALA to which agents voluntarily belong. These schemes are run by recognised industry bodies or organisations operating in the private rented sector to provide accreditation and/or regulation. They are completely independent from the letting agent and they don’t act on behalf of, or have a duty of care to the participating firm. The scope of their CMP schemes varies and you can contact your agent to find out which scheme they are part of.
Scoffield Stone have Client Money Protection via ARLA Propertymark.
Tenancy Deposit Protection
All landlords must put a tenant’s deposit in a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme (TDP) if they rent a home on an assured shorthold tenancy that started after 6 April 2007. In England and Wales a deposit can be registered with:
- Deposit Protection Service
- MyDeposits - including deposits that were held by Capita
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme
There are separate TDP schemes in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Scoffield Stone use the Deposit Protection Services custodial scheme.