At Scoffield Stone we have an experienced team that can assist you with any aspect of selling your property. Whether you are a first time vendor or more experienced having bought and sold many properties, we have a number of flexible service and fee options to suit your individual needs.
The first step on the road to selling your property is for us to provide you with a free, no obligation sales valuation and market appraisal. We will discuss the current realistic marketing price of your property, give marketing advice and make you aware of the performance of the current market and the likelihood of selling your property within your required timescale.
As part of our sales service we will:
- Advertise your property on Rightmove, Zoopla the Scoffield Stone website, along with social media advertising via Facebook and Twitter.
- Ensure you have an Energy Performance Certificate.
- Find your buyer and assess their strength to proceed.
- Make referral to our affiliated mortgage advice team as necessary.
- Obtain quotations for legal conveyancing and issue instruction to chosen solicitors.
- Diligently monitor and chase the sale of the property, ensuring all parties are kept up to date on events as they happen.
The Sales Process
1. Following your instructions, full particulars of your property will be prepared, including colour photographs and floor plans where appropriate, all for your prior approval before marketing commences. A property information questionnaire will need to be completed and returned along with ID and our agreed terms of business. Think about what you want to include in the sale. Normally, fixtures and fittings are included in the price, but other moveable items can also be included for negotiation. If you are disposing of items you no longer need, do it before you start marketing your property, as the less clutter you have the faster your house will usually sell. Many councils take large items, sometimes for free!
2. Should your property require an Energy Performance Certificate, we will instruct our energy assessor and an EPC will be produced within a matter of days to ensure little or no delay in the commencement of the marketing of your property.
3. First impressions count, always make sure your home and garden are clean and tidy. If you have any small jobs or repairs which need doing, make sure they are done. If you decide to redecorate, go for neutral colours which will appeal to a wider audience.
4. Always have a For Sale board; one of the oldest but most effective marketing tools. Whether you’re in a busy location or a quiet one, you never know who might be living around the corner waiting for your house to come onto the market!
5. Our full marketing and advertising begins, together with regular mailing and uploading to Rightmove, Zoopla and our website, all ensuring early viewing appointments which are co-ordinated and booked through your local office.
6. We will provide you with constant and regular viewings together with market feedback ensuring that you are kept up to date as to how the sale of your property is doing in the local market. Whether it’s us who are conducting the viewings on your behalf or you carrying out your own viewings, consider the following... Buyers like airy rooms, so open windows and put lights on if the weather is dull. During winter months, put the heating on so it feels warm and inviting. Create pleasant odours such as brewing some fresh coffee, or adding fresh flowers to brighten things up. If possible do not have your pets in the property when potential buyers come to view and try to get rid of any unpleasant smells. If you show people around, don’t talk too much, let them ask questions.
7. All offers will be fully qualified to ensure that the prospective purchasers have the financial ability to proceed and we will negotiate on your behalf to ensure the best possible price is achieved.
8. Once a sale is agreed, our dedicated staff will ensure that your sale proceeds as smoothly as possible, keeping you fully up to date with progress, liaising with all parties including solicitors, mortgage advisors and other agents involved in any chain; helping to keep stress to a minimum.
9. We will co-ordinate with your buyer and other parties in the chain if appropriate to achieve the most suitable date for the legal exchange of contracts and most importantly completion. You will need to arrange for any remaining keys to be handed into our office unless you have agreed to meet the buyers at the property. The legal deadline for transfer is 2.00pm on the day of completion.
Congratulations, you have just sold your house!
Sell your home online with love2move
Our partnership with love2move is where traditional property sales meets digital. With a one-off payment of £895 and no hidden fees, you can have full control over your sale.
Starting with a valuation from Scoffield Stone, you will receive professional photography and floor plans of your home before promoting your property live on the love2move website as well as Rightmove and Zoopla.
Sellers have full control, arranging viewings and negotiating the sale on your phone, tablet or PC, with ongoing support from your local Scoffield Stone office if required.
Dispelling the myths about auctions
At Scoffield Stone we know that buying and selling a property is a big decision. We are therefore pleased to offer a complete range of property services so whatever your situation, our friendly team can offer you their honest advice and expertise to guide you through the process.
There are many advantages of selling your property by auction, it's flexible, quick and secure. You can choose the type of auction that best suits your circumstances, set your own timescale and with the purchaser either exchanging contracts or paying a reservation fee to secure the property, you know they are committed to their purchase.
What’s more you can even sell your property for FREE, yes that’s right, we really mean you can sell for NO FEES! We offer 0% commission*, there are no upfront costs to list your property and we can even provide the legal pack on a no sale no fee basis.
The benefits of selling by auction include:
NO SELLING FEES
FIXED COMPLETION DATE
SECURITY OF SALE
MINIMUM RESERVE PRICE
ALL PROPERTY TYPES
NO SALE NO FEE LEGAL PACKS
We work in partnership with SDL Auctions, one of the largest auction businesses in the UK so you know your property is in safe hands. We can sell your property via their online auction or in one of their busy auction rooms, choosing either a conditional or unconditional sale, whichever suits you best.
Unconditional Auctions Also known as the traditional auction method, where the purchaser will exchange contracts on the fall of the gavel and pay a non-refundable 10% deposit. Completion is usually set within 28 days giving you and your purchaser certainly of sale.
Conditional Auctions are considered to be a more flexible auction method. The purchaser pays a reservation fee to secure the property and is granted 56 days to exchange contracts and complete. This more flexible way of selling can give the purchaser longer to obtain funding, therefore potentially attracting more bidders which can result in a higher price being achieved.
Our Online Auctions give you a total flexibility over the sale of your property. You can choose a conditional or unconditional sale, giving you the same benefits of selling in a room auction but allowing you to set a timescale to suit your circumstances. This operates in pretty much the same way as the likes of e-Bay, with interested parties placing their bids from wherever is convenient for them, and bidding against each other to achieve the best price possible at the end of the sale.
In Room Auctions
With over 40 auctions held across the UK each year, there is always an auction not too far away. They are held in prestigious venues and can attract up to 1,300 people. The auctioneers have a wealth of experience and work hard to achieve the best price possible for each property offered.
Please give us a call on 01332 511000 to discuss the benefits and find out more about selling by auction.