Following the Prime Minister’s update to The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 from 13th May 2020, our business procedure is as follows:
FOLLOWING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF A NATIONAL LOCKDOWN FROM THURSDAY 5TH NOVEMBER UNTIL WEDNESDAY 2ND DECEMBER - THE PROPERTY MARKET REMAINS OPEN
Our operating hours remain:
- Monday – Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm.
- Saturday, 9.00am to 2.00pm. Please note though that only ONE of the offices will be open, with the rotation as follws:
Saturday office rotation is as follows:
- 7th November: Mickleover
- 14th November: Hilton
- 21st November: Hilton
- 28th November: Mickleover
- 5th December: Mickleover
- 12th December: Hilton
- 19th December: Hilton
- 26th December: Closed for Christmas
Our web chat service is available 24/7, so if you do have a question you can ask ... now!
SAFE WORKING PROCEDURES:
Virtual Valuations and Viewings are available, and these should be explored as a first call.
With respect to viewings and valuations where we are required to visit the property, will be ensuring that the following takes place:
- We will ask whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any visit.
- We will not carry out any open house viewings.
- We will accompany physical viewings and seek to maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance from others wherever possible. Vinyl gloves and face masks will be worn.
- A viewing acknowledgement containing a Covid viewing procedure guide will be sent by both email and text to the viewer before the viewing and MUST be completed. The viewing WILL NOT TAKE PLACE if the acknowledgement is not completed.
- We will not drive clients to appointments. Please do not ask.
- If not wearing vinyl gloves, all parties viewing a property should wash their hands with hand sanitiser immediately after entering the properties, with internal doors opened and we will ask vendors to ensure that surfaces having been wiped down before they enter.
With respect to moving dates:
- We will promote flexibility when arranging move dates, for example advising clients to ensure contracts have explicit terms to manage the timing risks presented by coronavirus.
- We will work with their clients and other agents to broker a new date to move where sales are due to complete and one of the parties falls ill with coronavirus or has to self-isolate.
- We will ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned before handover.
These are tough and testing times for everyone, whether inside this industry or elsewhere. We shall endure this storm though and hopefully come back stronger from it and we will continue to supply the best possible service to all our clients. Stay Safe!
The full Government guidance for home moving can be found here and we strongly recommend you read it: